Supercardioid vocal microphone
The Shure SM87A microphone is a professional-quality, handheld condenser microphone for use in sound reinforcement, broadcasting, and studio recording installations. Its super-cardioid polar pattern provides greater rejection of unwanted sound sources, making it ideal for miking individual instruments in a multi-microphone setting or for miking single sources in a reverberant or noisy environment. An integral three-stage wind and pop filter protect against wind and breath noise. Its built-in shock mount reduces stand and handling noise.
- Supercardioid polar pattern for high feedback resistance and secondary noise suppression.
- Efficient shock absorber system minimizes handling noise and impact sound
- Frequency range: 50 Hz – 20 kHz
- Output Impedance: 100 Ohm
- Noise Sensitivity: -52.5 dBV / Pa (2.4 mV)
- Maximum sound pressure (at 1 kHz, 1 kOhm load, 0.25% distortion factor): 140.5 dB SPL
- Noise (equivalent sound pressure): 24 dB (A)
- Power supply: 11 to 52 V
- Power consumption: max. 1.2 mA
- Dimensions (L x Ø): 192 x 50.8 mm
- Weight: 200 g
- Includes clip and pouch